Press pause on our normal message flow speak directly into what’s happening in world today.
What should we do?
As disciples of Jesus—the filter that forms our decisions is different.
Why?—We are not of this world!—Not to be conformed to this world.
**THREE WAYS WE ARE NOT LIKE THIS WORLD**
- We live by , not
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. John 14:1
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 NIV
27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. John 14:27 NLT
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
For we live by faith, not by sight. 2 Cor. 5:7
- We are , not .
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. Phil 2:3-4
44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Acts 2:44-46
46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts… Acts 2:44-46
46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:46-47
- We the light, we do not it.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matt 5:14-16
I want to read to us Bible verses in the New Testament that featured the word “Not”
- Do not be afraid—bring you good news and great joy
- I did not come for healthy—Sick… Not for the righteous, but for sinners.
- Do not live by bread alone, but by every word of God…
- Jesus does not lead us into temptation, but he delivers us evil.
- Do not store up for ourselves treasure on earth… but store up in heaven.
- Do not worry tomorrow, each day has enough trouble of its own…
- We walk by faith, Not by sight
- God has not given us a spirit of fear…
- Like Jesus: Not my will but yours be done!
- We are saved by grace and not by works!
- Justified by faith in Christ not by the works of the law
- God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation
- Do not set minds earthly things (social media, the news)— set minds things above.
- Let perseverance finish its work… not lacking anything
- Do not become weary in doing good reap a harvest if we do not give up
- We struggle not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, authorities, powers of this world
- Will not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good
- We do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed but to those who have faith and are saved
- The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise
- We will not grieve like the rest of mankind who have no hope
- We will not give up meeting together
- The Lord is our helper, we will not be afraid
- We are Not ashamed of name of Jesus—or the Power of the Gospel
- Cannot stop talking about what we’ve seen and heard!
- Not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, make your requests known to God and the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Cor 4:7-9